Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a Ruger scout and a Savage scout, and now I find myself eyeing the Ruger compact in 7.62x39. I own an AMD-65 and have a lot of suruplus 7.62x39 ammo, but would probably reload for the Ruger.

Does anyone here have one? If so how do you like it?
If so, how are groups with good factory ammo vs surplus ammo?
Also does anyone know what the bore diameter would be?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm guessing they use the American bore like they do with the Mini-30.

You might be better served with a CZ527, it's cheaper, has a good reputation, takes a detachable mag, has iron sights, and a good trigger. I looked into it a while back for myself and that was the conclusion I came too... Right now, however, I'm hoping that ruger makes a GSR out of the x39 compact.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My daughter is one of the reasons I am looking at the Ruger compact. A lightweight low recoiling rifle, to start hunting with.
I may change my mind on it though. The gun shop I frequent has a new Ruger frontier in 243win. Its been sitting on the shelf for about 4 or 5 years. I've looked at it off and on since they got it and every-time I go in there I tell them if it was 308win or 358win I'd already have bought it. They have it marked down to 570. I might go offer them 550 and finally take it off their hands.

·
Registered
80 Posts
>>You might be better served with a CZ527, it's cheaper, has a good reputation, takes a detachable mag, has iron sights, and a good trigger<<

I realize this is an ancient thread, but I've got my eye on the CZ 572 "carbine" in 7.62x39. Have looked at Ruger & Savage offerings but the CZ looks like the best of the lot. Anyone else own one of these things?

·
Registered
124 Posts
yes I have a 527 carbine in 762x39 and one in 223
the cz 527 762x39 has a .31o bore and shoots both ,308 and .311
mine likes 154 sp wolf --and almost anything else I have fed it

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
I too have a CZ527 in 7.62x39. I only shoot handloads through the thing. Shoots well with low recoil and excellent trigger. I have extra mags and mounts. The only problem is the stock is almost too pretty for taking it out to the range.

·
Registered
80 Posts
<<I too have a CZ527 in 7.62x39<<

I did end up buying one last week, and should be picking it up in a couple of days. Can't wait! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
And here it is............ :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts