Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
That's a lot of EBR to spit out .22's! Neat!

Of course, this picture will be Exhibit A in the case to include 10/22's on their next AWB proposal.:angry:

But that's in part why I like it . . . I hope it is. It demonstrates perfectly the idiocy of such cosmetic distinctions.

One question. With that stock, does it still take the factory 10-round mags, or only the higher-caps? Just curious.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's a lot of EBR to spit out .22's! Neat!

Of course, this picture will be Exhibit A in the case to include 10/22's on their next AWB proposal.:angry:

But that's in part why I like it . . . I hope it is. It demonstrates perfectly the idiocy of such cosmetic distinctions.

One question. With that stock, does it still take the factory 10-round mags, or only the higher-caps? Just curious.
Joe,
Of course it uses the factory 10rd mags, as well as high cap's, but Black Dog Machine recently announced a new 50rd mag for the 10/22 (patents & production are already in place)...:eek:

·
Patron Saint of Rye
557 Posts
Enough with the rifle (which is very, very cool BTW)...

I want to know more about the Rover! Series III? :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL. I have a handful of 25 rounders I picked up before the California ban in 2000. I have rebuilt some of the FUBAR ones with TI 25 round rebuild kits.

It's a little brother to my M4 rifle so my son can use it when we're at the range together and I can use it when he's not.

The Rover is a 1965 Series IIA 88". :)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Joe,
Of course it uses the factory 10rd mags, as well as high cap's, but Black Dog Machine recently announced a new 50rd mag for the 10/22 (patents & production are already in place)...:eek:
OK. I just wasn't sure because I couldn't see into the mag well. Any problems dropping free when released? I'd guess no, but just wanted to be sure.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Cut him some slack. The "P" is very close to the "I" on the keyboard.;)

I was unfamiliar with the BUPS, and upon the post looked it up. Interesting concept. FWIW, my first search on google was for BUIS, and I found many entries.

Gunsnrovers: we typo-artists need to stick together, but also need to edit those typo's when we're called out. Get to it!:)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Question

Jeff I like your setup. I too just recently purchased a SR-22. Got the Magpul MBUS mounted with the front sight on the Ruger 3" picatinny rail. I am interested in getting the Aimpoint clone just like yours. In order to co-witness should I order the high mount option along with the Aimpoint? I have always used either irons or a scope before. Co-witness through any scope is new to me. (Old dog,new tricks syndrome :lol: ) Joe

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
Wow, I always thought "assault" style .22s were a joke but that's neat. I definitely see how that would make for a good training platform where you could save bundles of cash on ammo.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wow, I always thought "assault" style .22s were a joke but that's neat. I definitely see how that would make for a good training platform where you could save bundles of cash on ammo.
I agree, on both points. I still think "assault" .22s are a joke, but in this case, its the ultimate training weapon for the SR-556 :) I however wont buy anything AR looking, for the reason of being different!

But, it does look nice, honestly. Nice to see Ruger starting to make what the customer want instead of being as PC as Bill Ruger was. Now, if they would only make more 10 round mini-14 mags and lower the price to $25, I would buy a few...

Oh, and....

This thread is USELESS without target pictures :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a Noridic kit for a 10/22 but cannot use it at the moment. CT has an AWB of its own. The following are all considered evil features, semi auto, detachable magazine, flash hider, bayonet lug, pistol grip and adjustable stock. You are only allowed 2, hence the continued demand for preban ar lowers in CT. I am looking for a 10/22 with a s/n below 236-0000, that way I can dress it up like this one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.