Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
What reason plus or minus is there to add a Ruger Factory Flash Suppressor to the new American Ranch in 7.62x39? Not trying to start
a fight, just want to learn. So what say you?

Thanks! Dan

·
Registered
107 Posts
My son and I have two Ruger American Ranches and they kick commie ammo a**es better than Ronald Reagan. We have several hundred rounds through ours at this point with zero issues.

We put A2 birdcages on our rifles for two reasons: First, was the muzzle flash in the evening and at night. It was huge with Russian ammo. Second, these have been come our pretty regular truck guns and the birdcages keep the crown protected and crud off the muzzle. The only negative is that it adds length.

Hope this helps out,

Matt

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I still like the A2, like it better than the Ruger flash hider, because the A2 is closed on the bottom and won't kick up dirt when firing prone.
And being closed on the bottom and open on the top should have some benefits as to minimizing muzzle rise.

I don't like the length of the Ruger flash hider either, but see now they make a shorter version of it.
But for the reasons above, I'll probably just replace the long Ruger one with a .30 cal version of the A2. They are only like $15.

Many brands of Russian ammo have low flash powder.
I looked on YouTube to see a video with different types of ammo tested for flash, but the videos I saw were more about testing different types of flash hiders and muzzle brakes to compare them.
I'll have to try to do a night time shoot and film the muzzle flash of various loads.

·
Banned
2,862 Posts
I concur with Sandog. However, the Smith vortex flashhider is the most effective one i've ever tested, at the expense of length, dust signature, and the annoying "ping' of the tuning fork like fingers. But does it kill flash..

Reactions: sandog

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have one and use an A2 flash suppressor. No complaints. It protects the crown and moderates the flash, and it’s cheap.
Also, I have fired hundreds of rounds of steel case of all sorts with zero failures. Great rifle.
I found some subsonics and shot it suppressed, it’s very quiet and still quite accurate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts