Perfect Union banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know anything about when ruger may get the factory 10 round mags available to those of us stuck in the 10 round only states? i have a 581 tactical (not ati style) set aside to get in a couple of weeks, but i may back away from the mini 14. don't really want to screw around with promags or masens... just don't know about reliability.

what is ruger's problem? don't they realize that this could really hurt their sales!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
does anyone know anything about when ruger may get the factory 10 round mags available to those of us stuck in the 10 round only states? i have a 581 tactical (not ati style) set aside to get in a couple of weeks, but i may back away from the mini 14. don't really want to screw around with promags or masens... just don't know about reliability.

what is ruger's problem? don't they realize that this could really hurt their sales!!
Don't understand.
Ruger sells 10 round mags on their site.
35 smackers, though.

CDNN doesn't have any 10 round factory models, unfortunately.
Their 30 rounders are only $30

Oh, I see they are out of stock on Ruger's site; is that what you mean?
Has it been this way for a long time?

- OS

·
Registered
173 Posts
Order them online at Ruger.com

My experience has been if they are BOed they usually get them out in 2-3 weeks at the most.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have gone through two 10 round pro-mags and both would pop out the last round and jam. I measured them and compared them to a factory 5 rounder and they were almost an eighth of an inch wider than the factory. I talked to a tech at PM - Steve, and he said they would replace them, and this was the first PM had ever heard of this.
I sent them back and they were replaced with the same defective last round pop-out mags.
So no promags for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the responses. i am new to the mini 14 so i haven't been on the ruger sight much. the back order i don't know how long it has been on.

may try 1 masen and 1 promag if i have to.

had an idea let me run it by you. if a friend of mine in colorado could get 10 round factory mags at his local gun store and mailed them to me would that be illegal somehow? 10 rounds are the most we can have here in ass backward nys. i live 3 hours north of the buttcrack of america and would dearly love to get out of this state.but finances being what they are here i am.

anyway whats the thought on the friend sending me some ny legal mags?

thanks to all

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
As long as the capacity is legal, there are no legal issues with your buddy mailing you the mags.

I have also seen the Ruger factory 10's at Gunshows.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have gone through two 10 round pro-mags and both would pop out the last round and jam. I measured them and compared them to a factory 5 rounder and they were almost an eighth of an inch wider than the factory. I talked to a tech at PM - Steve, and he said they would replace them, and this was the first PM had ever heard of this.
I sent them back and they were replaced with the same defective last round pop-out mags.
So no promags for me.
Well thats a Bummer
I have 3 10 round Promags and they measure the same as factory and function flawless.
So far the only Mag my Mini would not feed from is a John Mason
Go Figure :blink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have quite a few but haven't been able to find them for a couple of months now. Big5 used to have them and I've bought a bunch from the Ruger site. It sucks living in a ten round state.

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
slightly 'off-topic' since this pertains to M30 mags but if you can find 'American' brand makes 10 rd mags for both the 14 and 30.
I had 10 of them for my 30, but since Cproducts promises some 20's forthcomeing I sold 5 of the 10 to bang23 - he's in kali. they're great range mags fit and fuction 100%

1 - 13 of 13 Posts