Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking for a scope for a Ruger 10/22. I'm thinking 3x9 power but I would be open to a different suggestion. I am looking to spend $150 max. Basically I want something simple with a duplex reticle or simple crosshairs. I dont want to get too crazy with it as it is going on a .22 that I definitely will not be shooting beyond 100 yards. Thanks in advance for the advice guys.

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I use the Weaver 2.5x7 previously mentioned on a couple Ruger 10/22 rifles. Very nice little scopes, simple and rugged.

I've owned most of the scopes PigBat listed, the Redfield Revolution is another favourite. I wouldn't use it on a rimfire given the parallax setting being geared towards a centerfire rifle. Its not as good at close range as a rimfire designed scope. Love it on a Mini or a centerfire lever action though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I "second" the Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40. Don't have one myself, but have used a 10-22 with one on it and was extremely impressed............especially for the $$. I'm a Nikon shooter (photographer) and prefer their optics.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have an old Monkey Wards 4X scope on my 10/22. I sighted it in at 50 yards until I could hit a dime sized bulls eye consistently. Yesterday I shot a ground hog in the head at about 20 yards. All I could see of him was his head peeking out from underneath my backyard shed. I spattered ground hog brains all over the outside of the shed and the yard.

I've had the scope on 2 other 10/22s and a 30-06 in the past. After all of these years it still holds zero perfectly. I think I paid less than $25 for it.

·
HeyMatthew.com
25 Posts
I've got the Leupold 2-7x28 VX-1 scope on my 10/22 build and I like it very much. It balances well and fits the rifle nicely. I've currently got it sitting in a Weigand One-Piece mount and it's working well. I'm not the best at photographing guns, but here's an image of it on my build to give you an idea of the size in relation to the rifle:

I've used Redfield scopes and when I had a Mini 14, I had the 2-7 on it. I can't complain about it at all and I think I wrote a review about it somewhere around here. But as someone else said, it might be better for centerfire cartridges. I had the Nikon 3-9 on my 10/22, but found it to be a bit bulky for the rifle as it currently sits and so I went with a red dot for a while and recently moved over to the Leupold (which is about as perfect as I could have hoped for, personally). I've not used the others, but I do have a Burris Fullfield II 2-7 on my AR-15 and I like it VERY much. Definitely don't overlook them when shopping around.

Hope this is helpful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts