Perfect Union banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all,

looking for some help please. Just bought my 8yo his first gun. a SS 10/22. i have a youth stock ready to put on it and would like to mount a scope too. He is in a wheelchair for a long distance travel, but like to shoot prone - with a bipod. I'm getting him trained on iron sights but he's getting better and would like to improve his accuracy. i don't want any large scope with intense magnification. just a small one. any suggestions?:D

·
Registered
344 Posts
For under $40 he can get a Bushnell 4x32 scope which is surprisingly good for the cost and more than good enough for most shooting our to 100 yards. My buddies and I used to shoot acorns out to 50 yards with our single shot bolt action guns with that same scope and rabbits our to 75 yards. It has a 1" tube so it should be no problem to mount on a 10/22.

Reactions: HB of CJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
For under $40 he can get a Bushnell 4x32 scope which is surprisingly good for the cost and more than good enough for most shooting our to 100 yards. My buddies and I used to shoot acorns out to 50 yards with our single shot bolt action guns with that same scope and rabbits our to 75 yards. It has a 1" tube so it should be no problem to mount on a 10/22.
I had that same scope on my first 10/22. now many years later on my current 10/00 I am running a Simmons 4x32 .22 mag scope. Available almost everywhere for about $36.00. Good clean optics.

·
Operation:Mindcrime
3,036 Posts
Tasco 4x32 Pronghorn. Does just fine, but will likely get something more interesting.

Reactions: Rockys Pop

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,441 Posts
Tasco 4x32 Pronghorn. Does just fine, but will likely get something more interesting.
shot one of those until the seals gave out, the reticle dry rotted and one end broke loose leaving me with a 3 point + .
actually a -i

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a Weaver K4 4X38 on mine. Very clear and bright. Even my best friend a huge Leupold fan is impressed with its sight picture. About $150.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Leopold 1x4x20 Variable ...

Kinda big. Very expensive at $400 bucks. Great clarity. Also known as the dangerous game scope for all those mean nasty twitty birds and mutant gong targets. This scope is spendy but works sosss well it gets passed around along with our other 3x9x40 very big very old very spendy Leopold. Both are that good. Might be overkill.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I run a Simmons 3-9X32 22 mag with AO on mine. Feels just right. Certainly over-kill for a .22, but old fading eyesight sort of leads to down that road. The elevation knob, though, sort of looks like a smokestack.

Read up on parallax and adjustable objectives before buying it and spent the few bucks more for the AO.

I put a picatinny rail on and dug out some old rings my Dad had for his rifle. They're weaver detachable rings (before the days of QD mounts). They are as low as one can go on a p-rail. The clearance between the bottom of the scope and the p-rail is the thickness of a thermal-paper sales receipt. Folded over to twice thickness, it almost fits under.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts