Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Mitchell 50 round mags are the biggest. I have heard that they are not as reliable as the Butler creek hot lip and steel lip mags though (an aquaintance in Canada has had 2 Mitchells and wasn't impressed). I have never had a problem with Butler Creek mags.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys

I like the butler creek, if steel lip or not they feed great.

Do not forget the mitchell mag, is 50rd & also has a steel lip.

Witch is better, well depends on if you need 50rds in the mag, if not then the small 25 rounds will be ok, I was thinking if we could make 100 rd mags.

Reasons for 100rds, well the bullets are not heavy, so why not.

:ar15:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
I have 2- 50 rd mags by ramline. They are plastic but work perfect I think they snap together to flip over when one is empty. I bought them when they were $19. Now they are $140 each.
Gunrunner I like your logic, why not make 100rd mags. The 50 rd mags make a blister loading them. I may get one of the mag autoloaders.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My vote would be for a 25 round magazine. Have not had real good results with the 50 rounders. They are not inexpensive, but doubt if the price will be going down in the future.

Just noticed that CheaperThanDirt currently has a Ruger 10/22 Magazine advertised in their July 2002 catalog for $54.97. You can probably get one alittle cheaper on an auction site, but not much, and is it worth the hassle if you have a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts