Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has any personal experience with the Rossi line of guns in the Puma lever action variation, I'd appreciate any input on what you think of the quality of worksmanship and accuracy. I am considering buying one in the .454 Casull chambering, and am seeking info. from anyone with experience with them. They are currently being imported by Legacy Sports Intl. and I think I just have to have one, since it appears no manufacturer in the U.S. has any in the works in that caliber. Thanks

·
Registered
723 Posts
I am not qualified to answer this quesion 100%. But I will do what I can, I have a Henry Pump .22 and I also have a Rossi pump .22. The Rossi in my opinion is a better shooter. A close friend has been waiting to buy the very gun you are talking about. It seems Rossi is making much higher quality guns these days. I wouldnt be afraid to give it a try.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm a new member.

I do have a Legacy Rossi 92 Puma in 44-40. The fit and finish is great. The receiver is color cased. Beautiful to say the least.

I have several Interarms Rossi 92's 357Mag, 45Colt and 44Mag with a 16" barrel and large loop lever. I love them all. I have one I have been planning to send off to be rebarreled to 41 Mag.

I too am waiting to see the Rossi in 454 Casull. I plan on picking one up. But I prefer a 16" barrel. So the barrel will be shortened to 16" and a large loop lever will be added. I do not know about the recoil pad though. I will have to shoot first.

If any one is looking for a large loop lever for a Rossi here is the e-mail address. [email protected] (Mike McClellan) They also have parts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a Rossi M-92 in 44 mag that I used first for hunting and then later for Cowboy Action Shooting. It shot great and even handled my black powder loads extremely well. Rossi make a great lever action, in my opinion.:2guns:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had a Rossi Puma '92 in .45 colt. It did have good fit and finish. It shot good and looked just like the ones used in Cowboy shows. The only thing I didn't like about it was taking it apart to clean. What a pain. I traded it for a Marlin Cowboy just because of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts