Perfect Union banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The .270 win will do anything the 7mm mag will do and it will do it with powder and less recoil. :D ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
But I'm a little confused. IF ya shoot a deer with a .223 and kill it , you're a good shot. Okay, I'll buy that. If ya need a 7mm mag, you'r over compensating for a lack of something. Okay, again I'll go along. But where do I stand with my .25-06?:eek: :2guns:

·
Registered
540 Posts
You know, when you talked about 7mm, I assumed you meant my 7mm Express! It's what the .270 always wanted to be.;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I do have a 7mm but it's a 7mm BR in a Lone Eagle. The "biggest" round I have is the .45-70. Lately I've been thinking I need a 7-08, but I'm doing just fine with my .270.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to try shooting an Antelope with my .223 last year but my brother talked me out of it. Maybe next year.......

Hey TLynn--what don't you like about the 7-08?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nah, This is the way. I can whip any three of you on here! I hate to agree with T but if I could only have one gun it would be a 30-06. PUDDIM UP PUDDIM UP!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well Rosie you knew eventually we'd end up agreeing about something! :D

I've gone from the Remington 700 in 30-06 (still have it though) to '03's and 03A3's - man are those great weapons.

Swede - what can I say but it didn't feel right. Exact same rifle as my other Remington 700 but it left bruises! Not even my 8mm Mauser or my .303's ever left bruises like it did!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PUDDIM UP PUDDIM UP--LOL

I can't believe something based on the .308 could leave a mark. Uh oh maybe that was the wrong to say. :eek: :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't know how anyone could argue the point on the 270 or 30-06, but of course it happens.
Guess that's why we have blonds, brunettes, red heads etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by Swede
PUDDIM UP PUDDIM UP--LOL

I can't believe something based on the .308 could leave a mark. Uh oh maybe that was the wrong to say. :eek: :D
Swede - ummm maybe I just have sensitive skin?

Actually probably it was because it was 100 degrees out and I was wearing a tank top - though I still prefered the '03 in 30-06 shooting wise (of course both the Remington's were scoped - and we couldn't hit anything with them -lol). When a Marine who takes his shooting seriously can't hit the target with a scoped rifle we know we have problems...at least we both hit the target with the 03.

·
Registered
411 Posts
7MM is good but if I'm gonna go big I'll take the 375 H&H mag over 7 mil any day.My best 100 yrd group was with a 25-06 1/8 inch but it's a bit touchy at 600 yds. and I love the suv of bullets the 308. The 270 is a good compromise of power,punch,and pin point. It's a bit better in wind at long range than 308 but does'nt kill you shootin it like 7mm mag. ouch.If I'm gonna get pounded I'll go with the 375 H&H mag.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by TLynn

probably it was because it was 100 degrees out and I was wearing a tank top - though I still prefered the '03 in 30-06
Those darn tank tops. ;) Hey TLynn, do you ever stop by the B-R Forum?

I've never shot one of the H&H mags. A guy asked me if I wanted to try his .50 cal but I was doing range duty at the time and couldn't. :( He was about 50 years old and said this was his first rifle. Now that's the way to start out. :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
B-R forum? Explain please?

I've always wanted to shoot a 50 cal (not blackpowder since I already have those).

Maybe someday I'll be able to afford one - nah knowing me I'll keep buying other rifles and never save up enough money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah I go there as well.

I like SixTGunr (well he and skratch have done 3 rifle stocks for me) so I visit there - even got a couple of my rifles in the gallery.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Three stocks? Must be nice. I had SixT & Skratch do one of my stocks also. A picture of it also is in the gallery. Those Whamo Camo guys are alright.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Tylnn a 375H&H mag is not a 50 cal but if you want a 50 cal you can get 1 for around 1000 bucks I know some gun smiths who make them there selves. to get the cash do what I MIGHT of done IF I bought one sell a boat or truck.
I have heard of guys buying 50 cals for 800 buy I don't know any.

Ps If you do get on make sure you got like a mountian for a back stop . wood won't do and buy a running car from a junk yard they make grate targets.I MIGHT have had them bring one out and than take it back when I was done It Might only cost about 50 bucks fun fun fun!!!!!!!!:rapid: :cannon:

I use might for the :trooper:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts