Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase the 2-7x34 redfield revenge for my mini14 ranch. I have a set of regular non qd scope rings for it. Can the bolt still be removed for a thorough cleaning with this setup?

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Scope still has to come off for the bolt to come out.

·
Registered
369 Posts
With my B-Square side mount or my G G & G top mount, I dont have any problems taking out the bolt, but with other mounts I have always had to remove the scope and mount.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the Redfield Revolution 2-7X33 on my Mini-30 using the factory rings that came with it. I can take my bolt out without removing the scope. It actually helped getting the bolt back in by making me keep the correct angle on the bolt when reinstalling it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
X2 on above post. I have a Nikon 3x9 40mm with factory rings. The bolt comes right out. But i also have a M30. Maybe 223 is diferent?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I got the scope mounted and attempted to take the bolt out last night. I was able to take it out and put it all back together w/o taking the scope off, so I'm pleased with that. However, I was unable to remove my handguard. Is this also expected when using a non QD scope ring setup? Or am I missing something? W/O taking the handguard off, I'm unable to remove the op rod as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.