Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never heard of this. what your guys think???

Here is a picture I made to demonstrate the difference. Most guns will run with a .045".

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
This is very definitely an issue with accuracy, but seemingly much more so with the pre-flanged barrel generation of Mini's. My top record-holder was a 187-series Mini-14 that would toss brass 40 feet with each cycle. Replacing the gas port bushing lowered that ejection distance to under 10 feet, and the corresponding improvement in accuracy was quite evident. My newer rifles have been very different, though. I believe Ruger intentionally sought to resolve this issue concurrent with the introduction of the newer barrel type.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
For reliability reasons I would not put in anything smaller than the .045 bushing. Yes, you will have to chase your brass a little further but reliability is important. kwg

·
Registered
519 Posts
Not sure what my mini has in it, but cases are thrown maybe 15 foot in front of and a bit right. I have a 196 series MINI (non-ranch model) so the ejector is still in the bolt.

I ain't changin it cause it ain't broke!

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
Recoil buffers fore and aft on my mini-14 keeps my brass landing about 5-8ft. away at either 3-4 o'clock. I would like to try different gas port bushings just to see which one I liked or worked well in my mini-14.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah the buffer did it for mine also, the brass don't fly more than 10ft away now. Before they would go a couple of feet further.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts