Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Lee Multi Caliber De-capping Die.
This die has a large open body the largest case I use is a .300 belted Mag which does fit in this die with room to spare.
So I no longer have to use the ultrasonic cleaner before De-capping cases.
I have used it on small, medium and large cases without a problem, pistol or rifle no problem. I did buy an extra pin just in case but no pin problems yet.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I purchased a Lee Multi Caliber De-capping Die.
This die has a large open body the largest case I use is a .300 belted Mag which does fit in this die with room to spare.
So I no longer have to use the ultrasonic cleaner before De-capping cases.
I have used it on small, medium and large cases without a problem, pistol or rifle no problem. I did buy an extra pin just in case but no pin problems yet.
Yep, been using the Lee decapper for years.
Then toss them into the water tumbler for about 30 minutes, nice and shinny:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lots of other die makers make decapping dies, but Lee is probably the cheapest. Yes I have broken a Lee decapping die pin, it was either a berdan case or crimped primer, probably berdan. Not a big deal and easy to fix.

Lee will supposedly send you a "free" deapping pin if you call, according to ONE post on another site, but as one poster here said, he got a second .303 Brit expander for his 7.62x39 die set (I don't know if they started with a .308" and then added a second .311" inch one or not, don't care, they have it now) "free", but endedup paying through the nose for postage, so it was the same cost as if he bought it up front. Now THAT sounds like the Dick Lee we all knew and hated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts