Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
absit iniuria verbis
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I have a thing for 16 gauges. I came across a 16 gauge Remington Wingmaster for sale privately.
My question is about mag extensions and their use on different gauges. When I look online, they are all marked 12 gauge. I need a 16. And then I came across this:

which basically states that they are universal for all except the 20 Lights. Is this true?!?! I dont need a 10 round, I just need a 2 or 3, but need to know if a 12 gauge will also fit the 16 gauge.
Thanks in advance..

·
absit iniuria verbis
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
interesting, first look-see of hi-cap 16 gauge.
That's what I thought, and kind of why I want to do it, because it's interesting. I don't often come across 16's. I may stumble across a Browning A5 Sweet 16 that'll be out of my price range.
I already have a Stevens 311c 16g side by side who's stock I just refinished. I don't really need another shotgun but I was thinking about how cool a 16ga Wingmaster with an 18 inch barrel and extended mag would be. Maybe add a heat shield.
But wow, a 26inch barrel with 10 rounds?! Very interesting.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
if memory serves the 16 has the same velocity as the 2-3/4" 20 but larger shot charge/weight.
I've got a 12 ga sxs but looked for a 16 ga awhile before I bought it, small game and woods/field birds. capable of bush deer/bear/boar in a blind or bush tree stand loaded with a slug in the open choke bore and 00 in the tighter choke barrel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts