Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Remington 700 SPS Varmint a couple days ago in .243. I have been looking for the right scope for 3 days now and havent been able to make my mind up on anything. I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction for getting a quality scope for this rifle for around 300.00. I would like something around 4x16x50. The brands I have been looking at is Nikko Sterling, Millet and Mueller but Im just conserned with the quality of these scopes beacause of there low price.

Has anyone had experiece with scopes from these companies?

Been thinking about the Nikko Stirling Nighteater 4x16x44, but having not seen one in person im not to sure about it. Anybody have experience with this scope?

What would you suggest for a scope in the 300 dollar range for this rifle?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
It's all about the glass. The major problem with low-midrange scopes is the clarity and size of the recticle. If you are planning on shooting any distances at paper, the finest thinnest crosshair will be what you need from cover up the x ring. The scopes you mentioned are fine, go with the best crosshair you can find.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I picked up a Remington 700 SPS Varmint a couple days ago in .243. I have been looking for the right scope for 3 days now and havent been able to make my mind up on anything. I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction for getting a quality scope for this rifle for around 300.00. I would like something around 4x16x50. The brands I have been looking at is Nikko Sterling, Millet and Mueller but Im just conserned with the quality of these scopes beacause of there low price.

Has anyone had experiece with scopes from these companies?

Been thinking about the Nikko Stirling Nighteater 4x16x44, but having not seen one in person im not to sure about it. Anybody have experience with this scope?

What would you suggest for a scope in the 300 dollar range for this rifle?
look at the Millett trs-1. great optical clarity and sledge hammer strong. also available in mildot with eather moa or mill adjustment, lockable turrets, ir reticle:) i have the lrs-1 and love it! boxes every time extremely accurate even at 1200 and 1400 yrds (mounted on a 300 win mag)

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
look at the Millett trs-1. great optical clarity and sledge hammer strong. also available in mildot with eather moa or mill adjustment, lockable turrets, ir reticle:) i have the lrs-1 and love it! boxes every time extremely accurate even at 1200 and 1400 yrds (mounted on a 300 win mag)
So is the adjustment 1/8 moa or 1/4 moa? If it is 1/8 is it a pain to do big adjustments?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a Burris 4.5 -14 Fullfield 2 Ballistic Plex on a 243 700 Varmint and it fills the bill nicely. It's a rock solid unit. The only complaint I have with it is the rubber eyepiece on the ocular lense had a tendency to fall off before it was affixed permanently. Other than that it's a great buy at $349 w/ a free small spotting scope. The last thing I should mention is the Fullfields are pretty good low light scopes for the $$$ so you won't be at a disadvantage if you want to go low light yote hunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.