Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually have 2 questions, 1 my data calls for 117gr hdy SPBT bullets and I have Sierra 117gr SPBT bullets are they the same or is there a difference? 2 what is the difference in H4895 and IMR4895?

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
;)ogives usually very on horn vs sierra-hornady being a more gradual taper and sierra using a double radius or some such.Imr4895 has a slightly faster burn rate according to the charts.DO NOT interchange the load data on these two powders!25-06 is closer to a magnum in the fact that it is an overbore capacity case-it generally works better with slower powders than 4895 of either manufacturer!To each their own-I used 4831 when I owned a 25-06 with fantastic results,with sierra 90s and 120s.;)

·
CantRe Member
628 Posts
You can interchange the bullet of the same weight for the same load data

but like Magnomark said.....don't use the same powder data and watch your COAL.

I've used IMR 4831 but got lots better accuracy with IMR 4350.

I use 115gr Nosler Ballistic Tips, they are real accurate and work like a sledge hammer on deer.

I have used the 120gr Sierra BT, not as accurate as the Noslers but still a good bullet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.