Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Here is a list of 308 reloading equipment that I've put together other then a press. Would someone look it over and either add, delete or say I have everything and send me a PM. Also, I'd only be reloading for my Remington 700 SPS Tactical with the 20" bull barrel. Thanks

Hornady A-Max Bullets 30 Caliber (308 Diameter) 168 Grain Boat Tail Box of 100
Frankford Arsenal Dial Caliper 6" Stainless Steel
Lee Safety Magnetic Powder Scale 100 Grain Capacity
Lyman Case Length Headspace Gage 308 Winchester
Hodgdon Varget Smokeless Gun Powder 1 lb Product
Lee Auto Prime Ergo Prime Hand Priming Tool Product
CCI Large Rifle Primers #200 Box of 1000
Lapua Reloading Brass 308 Winchester Box of 100
Lee Perfect Powder Measure
Redding #5 Powder Trickler
Lee Case Trimmer Cutter and Lock Stud
Lee Case Length Gage and Shellholder 308 Winchester
Lee Powder Funnel 22 to 45 Caliber
Lee Primer Pocket Cleaner
Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension Neck Sizer Die 30 Caliber
RCBS Shellholder #3 (308 Winchester, 30-06 Springfield, 45 ACP)
RCBS 2-Die Set 307, 308 Winchester

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Scrap this: Lee Safety Magnetic Powder Scale 100 Grain Capacity
While they do, kinda, work, they are probably the worst scale around. VERY frustrating to use.
Look instead (if you want to stay with a balance beam type) at the RCBS 505 (made by OHAUS).
If you want to go digital, look at the PACT line (PACT also makes the digital scales for many of the "name brand" companies)

Other than seeing a few items that won't get used more than a couple of times (before you decide to leave them in a drawer), it looks like you have everything required.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reloading Equipment

What items don't you think I'd only use a couple of times? If I don't really need them I can save a little money and NOT get them at all.

Other than seeing a few items that won't get used more than a couple of times (before you decide to leave them in a drawer), it looks like you have everything required.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Gizmo's you won't need/use
Lyman Case Length Headspace Gage 308 Winchester
Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension Neck Sizer Die (back your FL die off 1 turn, or just put a washer under it, and it will act as a neck sizer)

I'd use a regular hardware/grocery store funnel, if you don't already have one that fit's into the case mouth. Lee Powder Funnel 22 to 45 Caliber

You can make your own pocket cleaner out of a screwdriver

A couple things I just noticed, I don't see a deburing/chamfering tool (used after you trim the necks), nor do I see a Hornady (or any other) manual on your list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.