Perfect Union banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've search for reloading beach pics thread but comes up, is there such a thread here? If not what are we waiting for?
Thank you

·
Registered
344 Posts
No pictures but mine is similar to the last picture. The press on the left side is mounted permanently for my rifle ammo and the the press space on the right side is for my other presses mounted on 2X10 boards and are clamped in place temporarily for when I do pistol or shotgun or other small rounds that I have a dedicated press for like my 25-20. To the right of that space is my casting bench complete with hood and vent to take fumes out of my shop. Then at the far right side and separated from the loading bench is my gun cleaning table with a Tipton gin vise bolted down permanently, my cleaning gear in a large tackle box, and my ammo can full of oil I soak my hand guns and rifle bolts in. My rods and boresnakes hang from the pegboard along with packages of various odds and ends. To the left of the press bench is a cabinet where I keep long and short guns to be cleaned and under the bench is an old home freezer gutted a lock installed that I use for shotgun ammo storage. I may have gone a little overboard yet I could always use more space but can't afford a bigger shop. :lol:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Great re-appropriation of a walk-in closet. :D

Bullet stock, shell cleaner and tumbler are in the cabinet.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Moving sucks, but the unfinished basement does have its perks ;)
I rigged this together yesterday, and it should work fine for what Im doing.
And it wouldn't be complete without the ubiquitous Mini pic!

Attachments

·
Banned
5,883 Posts
dh1633, Yes, I started out with a Lyman Tong Tool and 5 pounds of wheel weights. My casting pot was a bean can and I used candle wax for a lube. I was loading for a Spfld. Trap Door .45-70 rifle.
My powder was black blasting powder I scrounged from a stone quarry. It all worked. The Mule Deer in the Cotton Wood bottoms fell to my crude loading. I still remember those days even though I have all these modern tools.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
dh1633, Yes, I started out with a Lyman Tong Tool and 5 pounds of wheel weights. My casting pot was a bean can and I used candle wax for a lube. I was loading for a Spfld. Trap Door .45-70 rifle.
My powder was black blasting powder I scrounged from a stone quarry. It all worked. The Mule Deer in the Cotton Wood bottoms fell to my crude loading. I still remember those days even though I have all these modern tools.
I started with a Lee Hand press and a Mauser M96 and a Nagant M39. Loaded those two calibers on that press for many years. A cheap pound of AA3100 and I had what I needed.

·
Operation:Mindcrime
3,036 Posts
Hey flashhole, start looking at the post dates you are responding too. Resurrection only goes so far.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Evidently this particular forum does not get a lot of play. I did not do a search, just responded to what was on the page.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts