Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I want one on my mini 14 like a tasco mini mag are they good for aquiring targets quickly and how do you mount them to the mini 14 ranch?

·
Registered
109 Posts
A few years back I put a Tasco Pro Point 2 on a colt light sporter ar-15 that I had at the time and the target aquistion was great, I hunted jack rabbits, rock chucks and ground squirrels with it and was nothing but pleased. I still use one on a smith & wesson 22a for ground squirrels. :sniper:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the quick replys I was looking at the tasco for about 30 bucks so I think I will just try it out for that price but how do I get it too mount on my mini 14 ranch?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey greg, www.natchezss.com has the tasco mini mag on sale for $22, BUT it appears it comes with a built in .22cal dovetail mount. Don't think it would work on a mini-14. Natchezss also has bases for the mini so you can put on just about any std. stuff.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi cajungeo & All

How much are we looking at, a red dot that works but not to much money & maybe if we can fit a normal scope as well? for the mini 14 & 30 & is their one for the glock 19?

I'm not a cheap person, just have not much money.

:ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :samurai:

·
Registered
109 Posts
A red dot is just that an illuminated dot, it does not project a beam like a lazer sight. hope this clears a little confusion.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
gunrunner, I'm no expert on the Red Dot sights, but I got a chance to use some at the Houston gun show last christmas. The red dot, projects a red dot into a lens, so all the shooter has to do is point the dot at what he wants to hit, and shoot. (ya still have ta sight it in initially), what ever you are shooting at can't see the red dot, unlike a lazer. neither magnify. The price on the Red Dot run from $28.95 to over $250. I imagine it is like anything else, ya get what ya pay for. I may get one for my revolver, but I want to take it to the gun show to try it, before I buy one. I'm not shure about your glock, I would guess the base mount would have to be mounted on the body, as mounting on the top slide would probably sling it off worse than a mini. Maby someone out there has done it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I currently carry a Mini 14 GB factory folder with an EOTECH Holosight on it as a duty rifle. The holosight is also sold commercially as the Bushnell Holosight. It's basically an advanced form of the red dot. The dot on mine is one MOA. If you're not real steady it jumps around a bit on the target. There are a few tricks to help deal with that though. I have it mounted on an Aimtech Scout Rail. It's a great set up. Initial shot placement and pick up is great but it really makes a huge difference on follow up shots. I could go on and on so if you have any specific questions let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts