Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a red dot that will mount on the existing mounts without adding a rail? If not what is the best and easiest way to mount a rail for red dot. I have a composite stock, not tactical

·
Registered
28 Posts
The least expensive and easiest way I've found is with a Millett SP1 mounted with the supplied factory 1" medium rings. That cost somewhere around $70. There are a few other 1" and 30mm ring mount options around also.

I don't have the Millet mounted now, replaced it with a 3-9x scope, but it worked ok and I finally had the rings tight after a couple trips to the range.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Is there a red dot that will mount on the existing mounts without adding a rail? If not what is the best and easiest way to mount a rail for red dot. I have a composite stock, not tactical
Any red dot with a 1" tube will/should work in your Ruger-supplied rings. Ultradot makes a pretty good unit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Red dot

I have not mounted yet. Still looking at units to try and find one that I like. I will end up using either the factory 1" or getting 30mm rings. Still debating sticking with the irons until I am comfortable shooting it that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts