Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get my dad a savage .308 he has expressed interest in these guns I'm at a loss as to witch model is best. In reality he wont be shooting this gun over 100 yards often. He is however obsessed with his guns functioning flawlessly so that being said can i get some recommendations on models.
thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
We have a Savage Model 10 PC and love it!
The accu-stock and acu-trigger are really great innovations that Savage brought in. Ours likes the Federal 168gr Match.

I believe I have some pictures of it up in the picture thread

·
Registered
833 Posts
Depending on weight issues... I have a couple model 12 VLP-DBM models, in 243, and 204... They are SUB MOA shooters... at 100 yards, both will put 5 shots under a dime all day!! You really cant go wrong with many of the savage models these days... even the $277.00 axis in 308 without any whistles or bells will shoot MOA at 100!!! ( yes I have one, and it does! )

:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Savage Model 10 PC and recommend it highly. I routinely shoot 1/2" - 3/4" groups at 100 yards and I don't consider myself a particularly great shot. I think the gun might be capable of better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I gave my Son in Law a Savage Tactical 110 FP 24" Fluted in .308 and he regularly makes 200 yard shots with it.

I have an FN PBR 20" Bull that suits me fine out to 400 yards.

They are not very expensive as an older choice. I'd say usually <$1200.00

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
;)Just about any savage model 10 with removeable mags can be quite accurate-now if their dam mag prices would drop to a half reasonable level!

Reactions: JRedHorse

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pineywoods, I own several Savage rifles and the 110 or heck the Axis will do the job you are looking for and the Axis won't break the bank by any stretch. Good enough even without the Accu-Trigger.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Any Savage is a good choice! If he has some age do not get the bull barrel. I like the tapered barrel in 22 or 20 in They are easy to carry if walking. GOOD LUCK

Reactions: JRedHorse
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.