Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to expect? I just ordered these items from Accuracy Systems. The purpose was to keep the sight on target. Does anybody have any experience with this setup?

Thanks for any info...

Gunnar

· Registered
34 Posts
I ordered the heavy recoil spring too.Worked ok at first but led to ejection problems.Went back to stock spring,buffer on the receiver and experimented with the gas bushings until I was satisfied,still throws brass pretty far but it at least it stays in the same zipcode now and functions 100% all the time with any ammo.

· Registered
663 Posts
.045 gas bushing, wilson combat 1911 buffer on reciever end, and now the ejection is 10-12 feet instead of 30ft. Works great, no issues.

I personally wouldnt screw with the recoil spring since what im using already works great.

· Registered
2,540 Posts
.045 gas bushing, wilson combat 1911 buffer on reciever end, and now the ejection is 10-12 feet instead of 30ft. Works great, no issues.

I personally wouldnt screw with the recoil spring since what im using already works great.
Same here, with the addition of a Wilson Shok-Buff on the gas block.

I'd never consider replacing the recoil spring -- IMO, that's the "old school" fix that has been replaced with the rear buffer. A rear buffer (especially one as thin as the Wilson Combat buffers) is much less likely to affect reliability than a stiffer recoil spring. ;)

The .045" gas port bushing was probably the best "common sense" improvement I made to my Mini-14. Keeps brass in the same county, and makes the Mini feel like a more refined rifle, rather than an American AK-74. :lol:

· Registered
9 Posts
I have done the bushing and buffer. My gun would still jump and I would lose sight picture. . The best thing that I have done to keep my sights on target has been to put on a Mo-Reaper. When I shoot, the gun stays on target and the noise is not any louder. Excellent product and worth every penny!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.