Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stumbled on this one from last month.......

look at ALL our eyes glowing....lol

Head Dog Dog breed Carnivore Hat

What ? ME Worry ?
LOLOL
barely visible is the new tatt covering my old Frankenstein scar that went from eyelid to beyond hairline........
got tired of looking at it after 33 yrs.......

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forehead Nose Cheek Skin Joint

in the Artists lounger.......only lost 1 drop of blood & it didn't hurt as badly as expected
as big as the tatt is, she still left me just about 1/2" of the scar uncovered, as a reminder to play it safe.........steel bars will all but kill a man.

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good job on the dogs Pop. A tribute to Rocky. Every one of our animals has it's own personality and is as much an individual as we are. They will never "replace" a prior pet, yet warm our heart just as much.

Regards Bepe

when we got the black & white girl...( notice her " claiming " me in the pic ) ......." Roxy " the wife & I had been looking at a pic of me & old Rocky....crying about what a great doggo he always was......hell, i'd been suicidal over losing him for months.
and there was a SCRATCH at the door....and a HOWWWWWL.......
we looked at each other.....it happened AGAIN......SCRATCH.......HOWWWLLLLLL
I opened the door & a +/- 8 week old female Rocky was standing there wagging at me.
I said HELLO....and she looked at me as if " well....y'all missed me.....gonna let me inside dummy? "
4.5 yrs. later.......she's the most amazing doggo i've ever had.
we literally communicate with looks, inaudible sounds, and yes.....telepathy.
The brindled Bully came 2 yrs ago.....Angel was a level 2 or 3 trauma case......took until last October for her final 'breakthrough" to allowing even strangers to show her love.....and her to show love back !

THIS....has kept the wife & I together thick & thin......it's our REAL mutual passion.......rescuing animals in distress.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I rescued Mason back in 2005. He was abandoned during the housing crisis. A neutered male, the black cat from hell, was just about feral. I came home from work one day and he was laying in my deck chair, sunning himself. I walked up to him and patted him without so much as flinch from him. It was instant bonding like we had been together all of our lives. He decided to move in and lived with me until 2016. He died of FIV contracted from fighting with the other ferals. As long as I was his keeper....NO OTHER human being was ever able to get close to him. Meanest dam cat you ever saw. I cried like a baby when he died.

My son left this world back in 2019. He had a cat. No way it was going to the pound so here I am again. Unique in his own way....Tigger is a gentle old house cat. I love him all the same.

Helping orphaned animals heals the heart like nothing else.

God Bless
Bepe

Mason the "black cat from hell"
Cat Vertebrate Felidae Fence Wood

Tigger

Cat Felidae Carnivore Window Small to medium-sized cats

·
Registered
703 Posts
View attachment 65930

in the Artists lounger.......only lost 1 drop of blood & it didn't hurt as badly as expected
as big as the tatt is, she still left me just about 1/2" of the scar uncovered, as a reminder to play it safe.........steel bars will all but kill a man.

It's a tough world out there, this was from a good ol fashion dirt clod fight... except someone threw a chunk of concrete.
Forehead Face Nose Cheek Skin

Reactions: Rockys Pop

·
Honor our Constitution !
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's a tough world out there, this was from a good ol fashion dirt clod fight... except someone threw a chunk of concrete. View attachment 65954

between amateur Rodeo, Sports, Brawling, Wrecks, High-Diving accidents, etc. etc. I stopped counting T.B.I.'s at 18 or so.....20 yrs ago.
skull fractured x 2 among them.
yes Sir.....life can be rough, and I wouldn't change much of it.....if I could.
1 scar on my fore-head is from an old fashioned " rock-battle ".......we had FUN, didn't we ?

ALL of us here.....remember better times to have grown up....than now

God.....Help these Kids

edit to add: .........our BB Gun battles grew up into the now very taboo " Black Powder MANHUNTS " where everyone loaded paper wads over powder & the last man unbruised won whatever the monthly prize was.

Yeah.....we had FUN !!

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
when we got the black & white girl...( notice her " claiming " me in the pic ) ......." Roxy " the wife & I had been looking at a pic of me & old Rocky....crying about what a great doggo he always was......hell, i'd been suicidal over losing him for months.
and there was a SCRATCH at the door....and a HOWWWWWL.......
we looked at each other.....it happened AGAIN......SCRATCH.......HOWWWLLLLLL
I opened the door & a +/- 8 week old female Rocky was standing there wagging at me.
I said HELLO....and she looked at me as if " well....y'all missed me.....gonna let me inside dummy? "
4.5 yrs. later.......she's the most amazing doggo i've ever had.
we literally communicate with looks, inaudible sounds, and yes.....telepathy.
The brindled Bully came 2 yrs ago.....Angel was a level 2 or 3 trauma case......took until last October for her final 'breakthrough" to allowing even strangers to show her love.....and her to show love back !

THIS....has kept the wife & I together thick & thin......it's our REAL mutual passion.......rescuing animals in distress.
New pets will never be replacements, but rather successors. God provides when we are most in need - for humans and dogs and cats. Had a marvelous Tabby cats many years ago that adopted me - and my beloved Lacey (Shepherd-Collie mix). Would accompany us on walks, stayed in my garage (I had opened the door about 8") for over a month until I couldn't find someone missing a cat. He was fearless of dogs and over the years once he became a house cat, he befriended two dogs I dog-sitted on occasion. All of them would curl up together on my bed.

My beloved Lacey sadly contracted lymphatic cancer about a year before I was assigned overseas in a remote location, where I could not take her. Mom and Dad willingly took care of both of them, and while overseas, Dad had to make the most painful decision of love and put my Lacey to sleep. They had cared for her for three years previously when I was in Germany. Every letter to me from Dad mentioned Cagney, what he did, and toys/fortresses he made for him. When I returned, Dad was dutifully gathering up the multitude of Cagney's toys and dishes and fortresses he made for him. There were tears in his eyes and his voice breaking. At that point, I knew Dad (and Cagney) would be better together. To this day - 34 years hence - I still feel Cagney was the greatest gift I ever gave my Dad. Dad had never had a cat before, but Cagney latched onto him everywhere. After he sadly had to put Cagney to sleep when he was about 18-20 years old, there was never an instance where he wouldn't cry when speaking of him. This from a WW-II and RVN vet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts