Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently had a terrible ice storm which knocked out power to 120,000 homes across the western new york region. We lost power and heat for four days. The morning of day one, I put my wife and children in a hotel so that they would at least be warm and comfortable and came home to find an alternative source of heat etc and to care for my dogs (which could not go to the hotel). I have told you all that to tell you this: When the sun went down the first day and it got real dark in the house without any lights at all, my Mini-14 came out of the gun safe and went into a nearby closet. Sure felt good to know that I had a little security in an insecure world.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think alot of folks went through the bad weather. We got all rain and wind here in ohio none of the bad stuff like alot of people. Glad everything worked out for you. I know what you mean about the dogs too. Sometimes there better than a gun for security. A fire place or wood burning stove comes in handy once in a while same with coleman lanterns.:)

·
Registered
685 Posts
don i live in rottenchester and sounds like you got the worst of it all we had were some light ice on them. that would be the time when someone tries loot you. now all you need is a surefire to blind the hell out of them :usa:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts