Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
For little spot touch ups I use Birchwood Casey cream in a plastic tube. I restored my whole Arisaka 7.7 with it and it has held up pretty well. Made the old rusty gun look a lot better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you choose to go the cold-blue route, be careful. On a finish like the Mini's you may well be able to get away with it since it's not glossy or polished. I agree with the other posters that some wear looks good however scratches do not. I scratched the top of the barrel on one of my Marlins and, unfortunately, tried to touch it up with cold blue. Mistake. Wish I'd just left the scratch alone now as the cold blue was lighter than the original black finish and the barrel became two-toned where I applied it. Now I'm having it hot-dipped and done properly so that I don't have a blue and black barrel. The repair shop has had it since the beginning of December and still hasn't gotten to it yet - something about waiting until they have enough parts to justify a day of bluing so it'll be an undetermined ammount of time. Rrgh! Sometimes the scratches are best left alone...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.