Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
Not that I can think of. I have over a dozen P-Mags and I think they are the best mag going for the money. Get em while you can I say.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It depends why you're stockpiling, I guess. I recently bought some Gen 3s to test and Gen 2s and window models to increase my supply while they're plentiful and cheap. Magazines are the most expendable part of a firearm and are subject to abuse, so you need spares before the supply dries up in the future. How many do you need? That's up to each one of us.

I don't buy to have a glut to sell for profit when prices go up. I can see why others do, but I'd rather insure I have enough ammo instead.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Has anyone had any PMAGs wear out from normal use? And if so, do you happen to have any idea how many rounds you ran through them before they wore out? Just for my own curiosity I've been keeping up with how many rounds have been fired through any center-fire firearms just for a reference point in the event anything fails but I've never done that with the mags.

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
GunMagWarehouse has good prices on NHMTG 30 rounders.

There's no way to know in advance how long polymer mags will last; that's why I have some of each type. Gen2 PMags are cheaper than Gen3 and have a firmer magwell fit, but both function equally well. The only advantage I know of to the Gen3 is that it works in a variety of rifles, like HK416, not only the AR15/M4.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I find myself having to agree with freesw here. I like having both GI and polymer mags, with NHMTG and PMAG as preferred examples. With the low cost of Gen2 PMAGs lately, I have stocked up. I also bought some Gen3s but notice a better magwell fit with Gen2. In fact, four Gen3s I bought a month ago wouldn't hold back the bolt on the last shot. It was an easy fix, though - scrape away extra flash inside the mag body.

I like that the cheaper Gen2 comes in four colors, so far you just get Model T black in Gen3.

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
I can confirm that the DPMS mags from GunMagWarehouse are marked NHMTG, top-notch aluminum milspec for under $10ea shipped.

·
I am NOT an animal.......
1,191 Posts
So Dumbass Kevin, i mean Freesw, why is it you have several accounts here and once in a rare while come out of the political forum and start a thread on gun stuff, when all the time you are anti anything USA and in reality never have owned a gun? Do you enjoy knowing so many people in the forum you run think of you as a POS????

·
1,191 Posts
Im still waiting for an answer on this kevin, I mean freesw, why are you so quiet. Do you want this thread to slip on the back pages where nobody will see your true identity? ;)

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
As the loony posts themselves attest to the disturbed mental state of the writer, I need not comment further on them.

The same is true of those who claim to not see it.

·
1,191 Posts
I still cant hear you, free, aka Kevin (moderator) LMAO Perhaps you will click the other window and post as kevin so I can read it?????;)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Perhaps A Different Point Of View

We try to spend only about 10% of our time and money on "prepping" in total and out of that only about 10% of that 10% in total for guns, ammo, accessories, training ... and magazines. How many mags do you think you may need? How many will you end up using and loosing? Just how many deadly fire fights do you intend to engage in ... and win?

It is easy to fixate on some things not needed to the expense of not thinking at all about the many other things you might need and the few things you will most definitely need. Prepping solutions should NOT make you feel good. They should create more questions as to what you may or may not need for something that may or may not happen.

But ... we are talking about prepping in general and mag counts in specific. I am thinking right now that buying another case of cheap port and beans and mixed vegetables might be a better plan than buying another dozen magazines you will never need. Drinking water also comes to mind. Then blankets. You get the idea. Just me. HB of CJ (Old coot)

·
1,191 Posts
Remove user from ignore listfreesw
This message is hidden because freesw is on your ignore list.

Hrmmmm... lets see 23000 posts and counting and Kevin I mean free just happens to post in a gun thread LOL

Good one kevin, I mean free :lol: ;) :rolleyes:

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
We try to spend only about 10% of our time and money on "prepping" in total and out of that only about 10% of that 10% in total for guns, ammo, accessories, training ... and magazines. How many mags do you think you may need? How many will you end up using and loosing? Just how many deadly fire fights do you intend to engage in ... and win?

It is easy to fixate on some things not needed to the expense of not thinking at all about the many other things you might need and the few things you will most definitely need. Prepping solutions should NOT make you feel good. They should create more questions as to what you may or may not need for something that may or may not happen.

But ... we are talking about prepping in general and mag counts in specific. I am thinking right now that buying another case of cheap port and beans and mixed vegetables might be a better plan than buying another dozen magazines you will never need. Drinking water also comes to mind. Then blankets. You get the idea. Just me. HB of CJ (Old coot)
What makes you think you wont need the magazines. You said yourself they could be lost of broken. Hell you might have one malfunction or break. I may not ever need them just like all the food and water I have squirreled away but its sure nice to have them along with my firearms and ammunition. One of the reasons I reload, its cheaper and my ammo is top notch quality that I can count on. Me personally I don't plan on being in a deadly firefight. Kinda hard to stay alive and resist tyranny doing dumb sh1t.

·
Registered
171 Posts
A month ago I bought a new Ruger AR556. It came with a new Magpul Pmag. In the first 86 shots I had over 30 failures to feed. I bought a Stag Arms metal USGI type mag. Although I've only ran 11 shells through it with that mag, there weren't any problems.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This would bother me. I'd beg or borrow another PMAG, they're very reliable but of course it's possible you got a bad one. Try the one from Ruger in another AR, too. You want to be 100% sure the problem is the magazine, not your AR. I bet Ruger will send you another one if you call CS.

I have a lot of PMAGs and they've been used in multiple ARs reliably.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.