Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1983 Thompson Contender, .222 cal, 10" barrel. I bought a picatinny scope rail for it and went to install it this evening. I have come to the conclusion that the rear sight is not removable and this scope rail will not work with this gun. Am I correct?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have a 1983 Thompson Contender, .222 cal, 10" barrel. I bought a picatinny scope rail for it and went to install it this evening. I have come to the conclusion that the rear sight is not removable and this scope rail will not work with this gun. Am I correct?
Simply remove the sight adjusting screw, be careful not to loose the springs under the sight leaf, and remove the two screws that hold the base to the barrel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I tried that. I still couldn't get the sight to pivot up to where I could get at the screws. I ended up knocking out the pin to the sight hinge, then I got to the screws. Thanks though. I didn't lose the spring and got it put back together should i decide to go back to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.