Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe some one can help me out. I have a older RCBS .233 die set #11103. I broke the decapping pin and bent the rod. I contacted RCBS and asked for a part number of the 2 items i needed. They were very nice and sent me the replacement parts. Upon receiving them they were different.
It appears the newer dies have a threaded decapping rod. Mine is solid, no threads, and thicker than the replacement. The rod is held tight by a 2 piece tappered friction collar that when tighten down it grips the rod to keep it in place.

RCBS has not responded back to me. I have pictures below of the die and old piece and newer pieces they sent me.

Can anyone help identify the parts??

Larry

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The parts they sent are the standard type pin/expander.
I think your original one takes the "T-head" style pin. IIRC that was there economy line of dies.

What with the holidays and year end inventory counting, it may take a couple days for them to get back to you. Call them, until someone answers the phone.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Looks like ( and YES... I know its not... it SAYS RCBS ) a LEE die set... thats how LEE dies decapping pin is setup... with a collet up top, so if you hit a snag, the pin pushes up and is not supposed to break.

You will need them to send you a NUT to go on the top of the die, to thread the new expander portion into. EASY.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Latest update on the RCBS die set. it is one of there older models. They sent me the parts to upgrade it to the newer type of die. No charge for it either..

Great service.

Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts