Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my mini 30 at 150 yards at 6x on the scope, sitting at the bench with my range bag for a rest. I had a 5 inch splatter dot target to shoot at.

I had to find my hold over. My scope has a bullet drop reticle but I have not studied those charts in ages. They didn't include 7.62 anyway so I would have had to guess based on some other caliber.

My hold over wound up being to center the 5" exactly between the first and second drop lines on the reticle. Using a 100 yard 0 I would have about a 2.7 inch drop at 150. Hit the black every shot. This was with Golden Bear which my gun seems to shoot well. I have not even tried the expensive ammo in it.

I had been walking back and forth(briskly) to the 150 yard line also so my heart rate was up. Happy with that. Now if I could just get me a dang no sight muzzle brake for my gun I would be set.

I really like the new ATI stock as well even if it took me hours to fit the mag well for the 30. It works great.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
good report Tex.
I have the 189 series, and a Burris tactical mil-dot. vari-power, 1.5-5x.
if you can find try lapua or sako ammo - rare these days though.
PP is close, and Fiochhi maybe even better.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I recommend 0 at 25yds. That will also 0 about 200yds. It puts me 2.5 inches high at 100, so I go 10 clicks if I want zero at 100. Then my dots go about 250, 275, 300..

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If you want a muzzlebrake installed without a front sight (clean barrel) shoot me an email below. Always nice to have exactly what you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts