Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it is not an AIMpoint 9000sc, but it cost 90 bucks and I am pretty happy with it.

Here are some shoots of me dialing it in. Using federal 223 and 5.56 mixed them up 55 gr.

1st pic low and to the right

next getting better after a few adjustments.

now I got in the black!!!!

And this is what I ended up with. It needs a little more fine tuning but I and happy all in the black 50 yards away. It was cold and my feet were freezing so say it for latter.

I think nailing a man size target 200 -300 yards out would be no problem. I like this range and I will join up. They have a 300 yard range for members only I cant wait until I try that out.

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had about 200 rounds in my magazines I keep in my Bandoliers in case I have to respond to a threat fast.

the ammo was exposed to air and moisture for about 6 months in the pacific northwest

Did not have one failure today.

It is my plan to cycle though my ammo like this to make sure it never goes steal .

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a bushnell TRS-25 that you have on your mini? I just put one on my mini-14 tactical and I'm pretty damn impressed with it.
No, It is a tube style Trophy red and green dot. I had to get 30 MM rings for it, but I need them for the AIMpoint I am saving for.

I was looking at the TRS-25 and I would need a B square, or Scout rail. Nutn fancy did a vid on it and he thinks its a great dot for the money.

I guess someday I will break down a scout rail.

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah... I am cheap. I guess I could spend $$$ on little dots and place them on the sides... I see a lot of people at the range do that.

I am just going for pattern to give me an idea were the rounds fly...

To me it looks like I am still shooting to the right a bit. I think the elevation is ok...

Next time I go out I will fine tune it more...

Its a work in process.

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your group on the last target picture is definitely off to the right.

Are you planning on mounting an Aimpoint 9000 to your Mini?
Yeah this summer I think I will have the money saved up for it.

I have been eying the Aimpoint 9000sc for a long time now. It is just like the Bushnrell dot I have not, but I guess more durable, and the battery will last 50,000 hours or 5.7 years always on level 7...

A battery cost 5-6 bucks...

Trijicons can be recharged after 10 years, but that cost 100 bucks.

I think the Aimpoint is the best match for the mini

· Registered
838 Posts
No, It is a tube style Trophy red and green dot. I had to get 30 MM rings for it, but I need them for the AIMpoint I am saving for.

I was looking at the TRS-25 and I would need a B square, or Scout rail. Nutn fancy did a vid on it and he thinks its a great dot for the money.

I guess someday I will break down a scout rail.
Is it the Bushnell Trophy sight that kinda looks like a Trijicon, or is it the tubular 1 x 28 sight that has the 4 different reticles in red and green?

I was looking at a video of the red/green 1x28 Bushnell sight just yesterday, and I like the different reticles it has.

· Registered
457 Posts
Strongly agree regarding the Aimpoint 9000sc. Besides the Aimpoint on my 16" Mini, I have two other low cost red dot sights. One on a range blaster Hi-Point 9mm Carbine, and the other I put on my Benelli M2 for Turkey hunting. In spite of always trying to make sure these other units get shut off after using them, they have each been left on at least once and they drain the battery in less than a week. So they are fine for hunting or the range - as Magog said - batteries are cheap. You just can't depend on low cost Red Dots to work when you pick them up because of the battery issue. With the Aimpoint, I never turn it off and have a schedule to replace the battery yearly just to make sure I don't forget about it past the expected 4 - 5 year battery life.

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it the Bushnell Trophy sight that kinda looks like a Trijicon, or is it the tubular 1 x 28 sight that has the 4 different reticles in red and green?

I was looking at a video of the red/green 1x28 Bushnell sight just yesterday, and I like the different reticles it has.
Yep it is the later. I just leave it on the tinny dot...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.