Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question for the experts.

I recently acquired a ranch model mini, (no manual) and when I stripped it for cleaning I had a bear of a time removing and replacing the bolt. The standard model never gave me this trouble. It seems to hang up on the bolt hold open lever that the mag activates. Any tricks you can share?

Thanks.

·
Registered
716 Posts
You must remove the ejector/bolt stop by first removing the little door (the bolt lock cover plate) and the bolt lock plunger/spring.

When reassembling, replace the bolt, then the spring/plunger then the ejector/ bolt stop and last, the bolt lock cover plate.

I had this same problem the first time I detail stripped mine. Then I looked in the manual. I thought I knew what I was doing, but my daddy's Mini-14 was a NON-Ranch model! Oops.

Without that bolt stop in there, you can angle the gun the right way and it will just fall out!

You can order a manual from Ruger - it's free.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S-man,

Hey your right, goes back together slicker than owl**** with the lever and spring out of the way.

I was beginning to question the quality of my public school education for a while there! ;-)

Mucho Gracias.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts