Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding the Ramline folding stock for the Mini-14? Is it similar to the factory folder in appearance and function, or more like the (cheesy, IMHO) Butler Creek sidefolder?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ramline made two folding stocks that I know of. One is a plastic stock that I think is rather flimsy. The other is a wooden/steel stock similar to (but not a copy of) the Ruger factory stock. I like this wood/steel stock. Thx-Ace

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Ace. The reason I brought this up is that I came across a Ramline folding stock on GunBroker. I went ahead and bid on it, but it turned out to be the cheesy plastic stock, and the seller forgot to mention until AFTER the auction was over (and I had "won") that it does not actually fold, and it would be up to me to figure out how to rectify that slight technicality. At least he was kind enough to give me an "out" which I took as soon as I did a bit of research on the item. For the price he was asking ($70 or more), I could get a nice Choate stock in either pistol-grip (albeit non-folding) or Dragunov configuration.

Anyway, if anyone here IS looking for such a stock, do a search on www.gunbroker.com , or maybe I can link you up with the seller via e-mail.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The plastic stocks are, indeed, cheesy. I bought one for 10 bucks at a flea market. It had been marked down from 15.

[email protected] will sell you the conversion parts for $20 and install it for five more.

Now if I could only come up with some kind of recoil pad......

BTW, does anyone know what has happened to weaponforums.com? It's been down for days or my ability to find it has been degraded by software changes and lightening.

·
Registered
9 Posts
<<<[email protected] will sell you the conversion parts for $20 and install it for five more.>>>
------ These aren't by any chance real Rugers are they? (wishful thinking, right?). The Choates (& real Rugers) are the only ones I've ever found that are REALLY tough. The Butler Creeks are OK, & the "hi-tech-all-polymer-wonder plastic" ATIs are ~ok~, for about 2 or 3 thousand rounds. THAT HURTS (when they break, & poke you in the shoulder). I've broken Advanced Technology Inc.'s folders twice now, once with their SKS folder. R

[This message has been edited by WILSON (edited 05-28-2000).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts