Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new member and need some help. I plan on getting a bravo company 14.5 upper with a fixed front sight but wanted to know what size or type of rail i can fit on here and where i can get a cheap quad rail since i only really plan on putting rail covers on. Found an 8 1/2 inch quad on ebay for $40 but not sure if it would cover everything to the sight. Ive added a link to the upper and rail im looking at below. The way the rifle is pictured in the ebay link with rail is what im going for.

BCM 14.5" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group

Mid Length Quad Rail Tactical Handguard System for Model 4 15 Rifles 8 1 2" Long | eBay

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I'm not sure I understand. If you are only going to put rail covers on it, why bother with a quad rail? They just make the handguards uncomfortable to hold and if you aren't going to use them then why bother?

·
Registered
852 Posts
You're going to want to get mid-length handguards/rails. I assume you won't free float them, so you'll need 2-piece handguards/rails if that's the case. Keep in mind, with EvilBay, you get what you pay for. If you want to get some inexpesive rails, check out these... Leapers, Inc. - Hunting/Shooting, Sporting Goods and Security Gear
You can find them for under $60 if you search online. They make good stuff, good quality. I have held some of their rails and they are pretty stout. Also, keep in mind for your upper, you'll need to get a permanently attached muzzle device since the A2 flash hider won't make the 16" legal length for your rifle barrel. Unless you are going the SBR route with the ATF.

·
Registered
852 Posts
If you aren't dead set on rails, I have a Magpul MOE handguard set with two rails for sale in another forum. The MOE forearms are pretty stout too, and versatile with rail options. Let me know if it interests you.

WTS Magpul MOE mid handguards w/rails

1 - 4 of 4 Posts