Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know anything about converting the mini 30 to 6mm PPC. What brass do I use? How do they feed in after market mags? Factory 5 rounders? The bullets listed in Speers do not have a crimping cannelure. I thought that was needed in semi autos?
Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had one done this fall, haven't had time to work up a load for accuracy but have played with it a little bit.to answer your questions
1) I used 22PPC brass, midway has both in stock but due to overstock the 22PPC are half the price of 6mmPPC
2) after market and factory mags have to be slightly modified by bending the feed rails/lips
3) I am shooting bullets without cannelures, Nosler ballistic tips to be exact, the ppc doesn't recoil with enough force to move the bullet unless a cartridge is left in the mag for many many rounds.
If you still need further info feel free to contact me at [email protected], if you need tech. info go to www.mini-14.net and e-mail Tim Wilson the owner/operator of ARS
RR

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the info. I'll get hold of you. I just got back on line. We had a thaw and I had a ice dam back some water up. It came through my roof and dripped on my modem, smoking it. Finally got a chance to pick one up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts