Perfect Union banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the bayonet's that fit the mini's with the bayonett lugs. Does any one have one? Or a link showing a picture of one?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't actually have one of these but I've seen a GB with an whatever model number the current US military AR15 bayonet is mounted.

I've got a whole box of other bayonets. I'm sure that they are good for something. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Originally posted by cajungeo
I have a question about the bayonet's that fit the mini's with the bayonett lugs. Does any one have one? Or a link showing a picture of one?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ask and yee shall receive! This is an old style AR15 bayonet,although I'm sure the new style one's fit the same. They snap into place very firmly and....OH MY GOD!!! I'm getting an uncontrolable urge to do a drive-by STABBING!!!!!!!!!!!!I better get this off my gun and back in the safe !!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
WHEWWWW!!!!! That was CLOSE!!!!! But you will be glad to know I got that evil bayonet off and locked them both in the safe!!! A potential Tragidy averted!!! Thankyou Sarah Brady!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. So an M-16 bayonet fits, does anyone know if Ruger ever had one made special for the GB, or just depended on the after market?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ruger made stripper clip guides so anything is possible.

Where's Rambo? He usually knows all this stuff.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally posted by cajungeo
Thanks guys. So an M-16 bayonet fits, does anyone know if Ruger ever had one made special for the GB, or just depended on the after market?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Cajungeo, I've heard from several sources that they made it specifically for the AR15 bayonet. I've looked through several of my early 80's Ruger Law Enforcement Products catalogs,and don't see a bayonet offered.In their descriptions of the GB's and AC556's both say"military bayonet stud type".Of course,they did alot of out sourcing for custom parts,and it would sound fiesable that they might have contracted an AR15 bayonet mfgr. to put the Ruger name on some.
But,if by some chance they EVER made their own bayonet,I want one!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys I feel better, as I have wondered about that for a while.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hey Cajun,
When I got my gb several a few years ago, I called ruger to see if I could get one of these for my weapon to make the kit complete. I just wanted a bayonet with the ruger eagle on it. They told me that they would not send me one unless I was law enforcement and then they would require a letterhead from the chief of police. Must be the drive by bayonet jobs or something??

Anyway, her response led me to belive that ruger offered one, but I couldnt tell whether or not it was a "ruger" or just an ar15 bayonet.

:sniper:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hey slinger,that's some good recon! I just happen to have a best friend (since 2nd grade) who is a Kansas State troopper LT. He also has mini14's in his car and dept.I'm gonna email him and see if he would get one for me!!! I'll let you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now this is getting interesting, it may launch a new grab for avilable Ruger equipment no-one knew existed! :D That would be cool to have a bayonet with the Ruger Insignia on it. :D

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hay cajungeo, just saw some M16 bayonets at one of my local hang outs. There in pretty good shape. They are running about $20.00. Let me know if ya want one.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks camera man, I saw several at the Houston gun show. If I could find one with a ruger emblem, and it didn't cost an arm, and a leg I'd get one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts