Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
American realist
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question: have a guy wanting to do a trade with me & is offering up 3000 lbs of coffee beans, all in 50 lb bags on pallets of 1000 lbs. is there any real value to this as far as preppers are concerned & where would you find a place to sell/ trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. That makes me special!

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
:eek:better keep em cool and dry,outa the sunlight and sealed up somewhere,and wait for teotwawki!I'm sure it would be excellent barter material-better get some sugar too!:ph34r:

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
you'd need to vacuum seal the beans if you intend to keep them for an extended period of time... that would be allot of work, I know what a ton of dirt looks like, I assume coffee beans are less dense than dirt...

das alota beeanz!

and as Magnomark says - cool dry dark place of course.

and yes, if some angel wandered out of the haze waving a ten pound sack of coffee beans at me - I would be inclined to shelter, feed for the day, and make a fair trade for the beans. (as long as they ain't decaf... if they are decaf I'll shoot you on the spot.)

·
American realist
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol! just think of how much irish whiskey i would have to hoard to really make it good!

·
Registered
36,097 Posts
For best storage results look into "green" coffee beans for roasting later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.