Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, I live in California, where fascism is a political trend. Because of my work, I will most likely be living here a good many years into the future (but am reconsidering a second home in Vegas). I have always wanted an M1A/M14 as part of my collection, but can ONLY buy this version under CA's ridiculous new AB23 law. I was looking at the M1A "New Loaded" "California" version that Springfield Armoury is now selling and was wondering about the muzzle brake. Is this welded on, fixed as a machined portion of the barrel, or is it held in place by a dowel pin? Could it be that all they have done is swapped the original flash hider for an AK muzzle brake, which attaches in the same manner? Basically, how is it attached? I feel like I'm being cheated because I can't get the same rifles that everyone else can get, even though I am one of the most trusted people in Hollywood. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Erick (edited 05-23-2000).]

·
Registered
206 Posts
Erik,

It's my understanding that the "california Legal" version is simply a screw-on replacement for the flash-hider.

Again, IMHO, since the M1A is NOT pistol grip equipped, and there is no bayo lug, you need only remove and replace the FH with the MB to be legal. If I'm wrong, and you MUST have it perm. attached due to Cali law, I apologize.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Slaughterhouse. I got it new from Springfield several weeks ago, and yes, it is the same flashider mount, but with a muzzle-brake instead. There is no special permit needed at this time; it is still submitted as a "long gun" only, needed no special registration (for now....).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts