Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start with, I'm relatively new to shooting. I just bought a Glock 19 and someone gave me several boxes of Federal American Eagle ammo. What is confusing me is the description on the box of ammo. It says 9mm Luger automatic pistol, 124 gr METAL CASE BULLET, No AE9AP. I know Federal makes AE9AP but I've never seen a box stamped Metal Case Bullet. I've seen FMJ, but not just Metal. I looked at several sites that sell this brand and the boxes look a little different. Is it possible these are just older bullets? Are they ok for target practice?

·
Registered
344 Posts
To start with, I'm relatively new to shooting. I just bought a Glock 19 and someone gave me several boxes of Federal American Eagle ammo. What is confusing me is the description on the box of ammo. It says 9mm Luger automatic pistol, 124 gr METAL CASE BULLET, No AE9AP. I know Federal makes AE9AP but I've never seen a box stamped Metal Case Bullet. I've seen FMJ, but not just Metal. I looked at several sites that sell this brand and the boxes look a little different. Is it possible these are just older bullets? Are they ok for target practice?
Remington uses the same nomenclature for FMJ bullets, don't worry yourself, it is good ammo and I shoot and have shot a lot of it and the brass is all saved for reloading. Only cartridges I don't save is aluminum and steel cases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.