Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting all ... :)

I am new to this forum, I was referred by a TFL member, TFL being my home away from home. However, you folks are a bit more specific in your topics and I am hoping you'll be able to guide me in the right direction in regard to this *new* mini 14 of mine. As previously stated I purchased the ranch Rifle, really crappy rear peep sight. Does anyone make after-market, good quality, adjustable rear peep sights for the mini 14??? Any advice on optics if I went down that road???:confused:

Peace,

Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,
Yea, I've seen what looks like a good peep for the ranch rifle. It "clamps" to the factory scope base. Can't remember who makes it off hand, but I know Brownells carries it and the same company has an ad in the new Rifle Shooter. It's $80.00 I think.
Good Luck.
JWB :rapid:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,
I had to look it up, it was killing me. Check out page 269 in the Brownells catalog, or in the search on the web site go to N.E.C.G in the company search.
The ad doesn't say it will match the hight of the Ranch front sight, but there are replacements for that, or you can file it down.

John:rapid:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave, I know what ya mean about the puney ranch rear site. You might want to check out this thread:
http://www.perfectunion.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=2118
Or like you mentioned you may want to put your money in a good scope. Your ranch comes with rings which will fit any std. 1" tube. The mini will take up to 42mm objective lens. One thing to note is the mini is known as a scope wreaker. To deal with this, you can get a gas bushing kit, to greatly reduce your mini's recoil, so your scope stays zeroed, and can stay on target during rapid fire. I put a 3-9x40mm Leupold on mine for $179, like a Craftsman tool, guarenteed forever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts