Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until this week, I only had the 10 round Ruger mags for the wife's and my Mini-30's. With the scare of a ban before I could get a larger mag (last December), I scrambled to find hicap mags on the internet. The only place which I could find that had them available within reasonable time were the plastic magazines directly from Promag. They arrived this week, but they don't seem to want to clip in place very easily. The small hole in the muzzle side of the mag appears to be temperamental when trying to get the front pin to slide in and hold it in place. Occasionally I do get it to pop correctly in to place. But I have failed enough on it that their is now a small groove in the mag from sliding on that pin. Is this a common problem with Promag?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes, since there is no reinforced metal tab the locking hole will be susceptible to grooving & wear.

Basically, don't expect the mag to last very long. You're better off getting the Korean mags at CDNN and "tweaking" the feedlips.

Just my .02¢

·
Registered
455 Posts
For high capacity magazines past the ten round mark, stick with the Ruger OEM 20's. They are really the only reliable ones for the M30. Don't waste your money otherwise.

I have my share of crap other mags, including the Promag plastic garbage. Pretty soon the top will swell and you won't be able to slide it in at all.

Wil

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I just have to hope the suppliers replenish their inventory before Washington stops Americans from buying them. (if they do). I like the idea of sticking with the Ruger 20 round. I like the quality of the 10 round factory mag. 30's are cool, but with today's ammo prices, 20 is plenty.

·
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!
11,261 Posts
I have one factory 5 round magazine, and two 30 round METAL ProMag magzines that work great if you only load them to 30 rounds. (They hold 34.)

I've seen good reviews on the Korean mags, so I'm going to give them a try.

They appear to have a different box design than the ProMag ones. (ProMag appears to have copied the AK style ribs in the box to keep it from flexing, while the Korean ones are smoother looking, and more like what I've seen from Ruger, or Macgar. (The OEM supplier I've been told.)

Honestly, I don't care what they look like, but I'd like them to work, and if you have to adjust them slightly for that to happen, no problems with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.