Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bad start testing my Promag 10 rounders. I have two minis and one was having extraction problems. Today I brought the mags to the range with my other Mini-14. I shot about 120 rounds through 10 magazines. Here's what happened:

I loaded all of the mags with 10 rounds. 9 functioned flawlessly. Not even a problem getting the first round to feed as I reported earlier with my other Mini-14. One of the mags, I had a problem with the last round, it stovepiped pretty bad. It actually bent the round. I tried it again with 10 more rounds, another jam. Then, I pushed the follower up and down several times to see if it was catching on anything. I loaded it with 10 more round two more times. No problems.

Would you keep these? My only fear is that I will see this come up on the other mags too. Maybe I just got luck? Any input?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Originally posted by Dave3006
Would you keep these? My only fear is that I will see this come up on the other mags too. Maybe I just got lucky? Any input?
Would you like to have someone shooting back at you while you have a misfeed? That 10th round could cost you valuable seconds if you have to remove the jam... Just a thought. Fortunately, wild game doesn't shoot back.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Dave are these the best 10rnd mags you've had so far? I thought you had already tried John Masen's new 10 rnd. mags? The only other 10rnd mags I know of are the Eagle brand plastic ones CDNN had on sale. John Masen used to make the 10rnd mags for Western. I don't think there are to many folk's makin 10rnd mags for the Mini.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These worked better than the John Masen ones I tried. I just got done taking apart the Promag 10 rounders. I can see where the front of the follower is hanging up on the side of the mag case on the last round. This, I think, would cause the tip to be low. Out of the 10 mags, 4 show this problem. Although, I only had a failure on one.

Does anyone have comments on the Eagle 10 round mags?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Dave maybe you could sand a little off the follower to keek it from hanging up? I have'nt heard any comment on the 10rnd Eagle mags. CDNN has them on page 58 of their newest catalog $9.99ea. The add says their guaranteed for life and you can connect 2 mags together. Here's CDNN# 1-800-588-9500 if you want to call'em. www.cdnninvestments.com

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dave, if that one magazine continues to work fine, I'd keep it if it were mine.

On the other hand, if it won't work 100% for 100 rounds - I'd return it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts