Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is well known that reliable magazines for the Mini-14 are hard to find. I have used the Promag 10 round magazines with good success after a few very basic modifications. Here they are:

1. disassemble magazine and clean out the gobs of white grease that they pack inside the mag.

2. Trim the side of the plastic follower anywhere is drags on the side of the mag body. Every single one I have purchased has done this.

3. Re-assemble and verify there is no hanging or draging on the follower.

I have done this to 20 mags. This works. My gun is less than 6 months old and the mags fit fine in the gun. I tried the Masen 10 rounders. Don't waste your time. These work.

Here is a link to a site that carries them. I am not related to them in any way:

http://www.fourfourmag.com/

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Thanks for the tip dave, I'm going to order some. You can't have too many good working mags.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing I forgot to mention. You can only load 8 rounds if you want to insert it into your gun with a closed bolt. This is similar to an AR where you download it a couple rounds.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks for the information I guess I will order some from Pro mag direct I think I get about every sales catalog out there and I have not seen the 10 rounders. Thanks for telling about trimming the follower I can always learn something here. If I may add thats one thing that makes this a good educational site.

·
Registered
723 Posts
We most have posted at about the same time,because I did not see your post!! sorry, my loss I Guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts