Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my mini keeps misfiring. The firing pin just barely taps the primer. It does this one in maybe ten or fifteen shots. I'm shooting cheap ammo but if I take the round out and put it back in it will fire. Anybody have any idea why its doing this?

·
Registered
567 Posts
hanksr---There is such a thing a hard primers which I understand the Gov. likes to use. Also a lot of the cheap (Russian) ammo is berdan primed which takes a hard hit to set it off. Buy a couple of boxes of cheap US stuff & try it.

Good luck
Bushwack

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum hanksr. I agree with bushwack, the berdian primed ammo sometimes misfires, as it takes a stronger hit to set it off. Your firing pin uses inertia for the strike force. The berdian primer, (it you want to cut the head off an empty case to look at it) has 2 flashholes. Some times the firing pin strikes the partition, so it dosen't make a large dent in the primer. You can't tell by looking at the primer. It will say on the box, or look inside an empty case for 2 flash holes.

Try a box of boxer primed ammo to see if your problem goes away. All ammo produced in the U.S. is boxer primed. Lake city ammo is good, and is cheep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts