Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I need your help, I have picked up some magazines but one of these mags fails to slide into the mini 14, I have been there for hours trying but failed, just trying to understand whats going wrong.

The mag is 30rd S/S & it says on the bottom that it's a mini 14 mag.

The only thing that I can find different is when you are looking on the back side of the mag, the side from where you would see the back of the bullets if bullets are within mag, there are on the S/S two bumps that come out, on the other mags that work there is like a rail that's about 20mm long.

what can I do, would I have to see a gunsmith & be charged the earth?

thanks
:ar15:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Gunsmith won't cost that much...

The 'rail' you describe is what holds the mag in the gun. Also, check that the hole on the front of the mag that locks into the stud inside the well is big enough for the stud to go through.

Those 'bumps' probably just need to be filed down a little bit.

You tried for HOURS? Man, you have a lot of patience. I would have thrown it in the trash sooner.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Satan2655

your comments:
You tried for HOURS? Man, you have a lot of patience. I would have thrown it in the trash sooner.

////// Yes I do agree but in my country the large mags are very hard to get & cost the earth.

About the bumps, yes I understand that the bumps are what hold the mags in & yes I think that I will have to file them down, I just want a second opinion on this before I attempt this.

I will try it next thursday on another mini 14, it should be the same.

:ar15:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.