Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to get your opinion on this. All of the Stainless Steel Ranch Rifles I've seen do not shoot accuratly at all. People I know have been getting 6" to 8" groups at 100 yards with them. Another one of my friends has a couple of blued Mini 14's that aren't the Ranch Rifle style that have no accuracy problems at all. What's the deal on this? Are the Blued RR's any better? I'm keeping my eye out for a good deal and don't want to get one that I'm not happy with.

KTMpilot

·
Registered
3 Posts
KTM - I own blued - RR version and stainless non-RR version mini-14's. Both hold at between 3-4 moa with 62 gr. .223. Recommend you check the twist rate on your barrel and consider changing ammo types to a heavier bullet if yours is 1 in 7 rather than 1 in 9. If rumours I've heard are correct, some batches from ruger had the front sights pressed on in less than optimum fashion - possibly affecting the barrel.
I know of no differences between RR models and non-RR models that would account for 6-8 moa.
Nice to see someone posting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
KTM -
In my experience ... all about the same. I've heard of magic mini's holding 1-2 moa but have never seen one. Don't get me wrong - for all it's faults, it's one hell of a nice little carbine. My stainless rests in Choate's fiberglass/Synth. stock and carries an M-14 type flash hider. SWEET, but Not for Sale - Not in this day and age.

Personally, If I had 500 or so to spend on a new mini, I think I'd go with an SAR-1 - Romanian AK variant w/ the six US parts to make it legal for high cap mags, some Bulgarian 30 round mags and a case of ammo. (Well, 600 or so.) Just my opinion.

Thanks for posting. Sad to see this forum languishing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses Bluewater. I think I want to buy to many guns right now for what my budget will allow, although there is not such a thing as having to many guns.
I picked up a MAK 90 last fall, now I looking for either a Mini 14 or building me an AR-15. I suppose I'll pick up whatever I can get the best deal on.

I guess you guys are going to have to start recuruiting members from other BB's.

KTMpilot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.