Perfect Union banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me the price of mini-14s have stayed somewhat stable since the sandy hook shooting.

Last night I looked at gunsamerica and gunbroker, mini-14 prices were in the $800 - $1,200 price range, while AR-15s have tripled in price.

Before Sandy Hook a colt 6920 was selling at walmart for around $1,100, now they are $3,000 on sites like gunbroker.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
It seems to me the price of mini-14s have stayed somewhat stable since the sandy hook shooting.

Last night I looked at gunsamerica and gunbroker, mini-14 prices were in the $800 - $1,200 price range, while AR-15s have tripled in price.
Seems like NIB stainless mini 14's, 30's and the tactical models are more like $1200-$1500. So mini prices are 2 to 2.5x normal market price, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems like NIB stainless mini 14's, 30's and the tactical models are more like $1200-$1500. So mini prices are 2 to 2.5x normal market price, IMHO.
As compared to other semi-auto rifles, 2X normal price is not really that bad.

On black friday walmart had the Sig M400 for something somewhere between $800 - $900. Now, that same M400 is going for $1,700. The Sig M400 doubled in price. Some of the higher quality AR-15s tripled in price.

I've seen some around here for 1200 too. Used prices are between 750-900 if someone will pay that. Good luck getting a 20 or 30 rd mag though.
All magazines have been stripped from the market. I was surprised to see places sold out of 1911 7 and 8 round magazines. Why would someone panic buy 1911 magazines?

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
The people in New York have until April fools day (4/15) to get up to 10 rnd. Mags. After that they can only buy up to 7 rnd. mags. That may help explain why no 8 rnd 1911 mags.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Kevin, I think this about more than just the proposed gun control. It's everything. Sales records have been beaten over and over again these past 4 years. This is the inevatable event of, not if, but when.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
The people in New York have until April fools day (4/15) to get up to 10 rnd. Mags. After that they can only buy up to 7 rnd. mags. That may help explain why no 8 rnd 1911 mags.
I think you have to take them to your grave, can sell or give away. You would have to move out of the state to sell or trade.

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Bought my 30 on the 2nd of jan and paid just over 900 out the door. Sadly it had an EVIL feature so I had to wait 4 times the normal wait period to take her home.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
There will be a lawyer feeding frenzy for a while over all this in the states that have passed more gun laws.

I thought I saw where you had a year to get rid of your more than 7 round mags out of state but I may be mis-remembering.

·
Registered
32 Posts
$1200.00 for an old Mini-30

Lets GET REAL folks & stop the price gouging. I saw a nice blued 190 series Mini-30 on "consignment" in Independence MO. the other day. The rifle looked in Great shape with a wood stock but, $1200 bucks, no way. I can buy a brand new Tactical Mini-14 for $800.00.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Lets GET REAL folks & stop the price gouging. I saw a nice blued 190 series Mini-30 on "consignment" in Independence MO. the other day. The rifle looked in Great shape with a wood stock but, $1200 bucks, no way. I can buy a brand new Tactical Mini-14 for $800.00.
Ooooo! Where where?? Hook me up!

·
Registered
258 Posts
The way the NY mag ban is written you have till April to sell your over 10 round mags out of state. You will be allowed to keep your 10 round mags but you cant put more than 7 bullets in them. Some Libtard figures that if someone bent on killing mass amounts of people will remember that NY state law says you can only have 7 rounds in your mag.:lol:

·
Registered
229 Posts
What happens to the 20 and 30 round Mini-14 magazines people already have in new york?
No grandfathering. They must be disposed of (i.e., sold out of state or destroyed). I think there's a provision in the law about registering them but nobody knows how that would work.

I'm waiting for some 10 round mags for my Mini-14 and my 10/22. I can continue to buy 10 round mags up to April 15. We now may only load them with 7 rounds. I have plenty of clips for my Garand.

Everybody here is asking about Mini-14s. It's the new AR in New York. I have one in stainless/synthetic and I want to get another Ranch in hardwood. I hear they do pop up at local gun shops from time to time. I might be willing to pay MSRP but not a penny more. I'll just wait.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts