Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was think of making a road to TX around Lubbock. Do they still have a big prairie dog population around there?

· Registered
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I do have a contact out towards the pan handle of Oklahoma and TX area, he told me they have thousands of prairie dogs out there! I am trying to set up my June vacation days to try and thin a few hundred out.:D

· Registered
255 Posts
I was think of making a road to TX around Lubbock. Do they still have a big prairie dog population around there?
Its been several years since I moved from up there, so keeping that in mind... The best prairie dog sites used to be closer up towards the Canyon area. North out of Lubbock on US 27, 1.5-2 hours. Tons of open fields out there (peanut farms, etc). Used to shoot friend's properties, dunno if there are any commercial fields out there, but there were plenty of dogs. I suppose if you are bold enough you could just start knocking on farm house doors... :D

· Registered
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I love to ask permission, most farmers that don't like critters after cattle or destroying crops and don't mind people coming in. Would there be more pdogs around Amirillo?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.