Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I bought a $26.99 pound of Varget for my current main focus (.223 for my mini-14 and 30-06 for 1917 Enfield secondary.) Yesterday I went a grabbed some basic components since I had extra cash from the holidays, Varget and other powders are up a full dollar to $27.99 per lb.

I'm still glad I found a local place, especially for powder and primers or it would really cost too much per order for me to reload effectively as a hobby or anything really. Working up loads for 55gr FMJ Winchester/Remington bulk and 69gr Sierra MatchKing w/ Varget in once-fired brass run through a lee full length set on a Classic Turret Press.

·
Registered
833 Posts
it is a shame.... BUT you are STILL WAY OVERPAYING... There is a place local to me that has MOST powders under $20.00 a pound, and the average price of an 8 pound jug is $120.00

I think the last time I bought varget it was $126.00 for an 8 pound jug. IMR4895 was $18.00 a pound... and similar price for a couple other flavors...

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I think everybody is trying to cut a fat hog in the a$$ and make as much money as they can before the government puts their dirty hands on it. kwg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts