Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me the difference between the older ar7's and the new "survival rifle" being made besides the 1 or 2 mags stored? Are these things any good? (considering that they pack well) What else is out there that is similar?

opinions?

thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
hey goodorbit, don't know much about the diff. versions but the m6 scout is also worth looking at. the m6 sure don't float like ar-7 but the ar-7 lacks .410 shotgun. there are alot of accessories for the ar-7 though like 10 round mags,barrel shrouds and a slimmer stock. later

·
Registered
723 Posts
The AR-7 has quite a bit of history it was desighned in 1959 by Gene Stoner of Armalite for the U.S. Air Force. Charter arms acquired it in 1973. In 1990 Survival arms acquired it. Henry is now manufactureing it. Through all the hands it passed through, it always maintained Its high quality,and reliability. There are several add ons for the gun, but they all defeated the purpose of the gun. Such as the scope, then the reciever would not fit in the floatable stock. Another example the high cap mags,neither would they fit in the stock. This just touch bases with a few add ons. As for me I will keep mine factory stock. And a couple extra mags on hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts