Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got me some country style ribs soaking the dry rub up.
low and slow over hardwood coals tomorrow.
baked sweet 'tater, bbq beans, slaw and cornbread make it a meal.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use cattlemens as a base - it's relatively low sugar content. add some ground mustard, a bit of beer, tomato juice, horseradish and ground chili.
I have to watch my sugar intake so the sauces that list 'hifructose corn syrup' as the 2nd ingredient are out.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
swordfish on grill Sunday afternoon.
marinated in italian dressing then onto med-hot fire. very good eats.
with skewered veggy kabobs and brown rice.

·
Registered
27,306 Posts
I've been experimenting with a sauce, and have a base down, but it's pretty spicy!

I start with equal parts of KC masterpiece and Frank's Red hot, let's say a half cup of each, for one cup total.

To that total I add the same ammount of dark brown sugar, 1 cup in this case.

Simmer that down over low heat until it thickens up, more brown sugar will make it thicker, and it thickens more as it cools. just by itself it's super on wings, chicken, and pork; haven't tried it on beef yet.

Now to that I have started adding some Kentucky Bourbon, but I am having a problem getting it in the pan to simmer down! :D

No really, I satarted with a quarter cup, but that's not enough. A whole cup though and I have trouble stirring the pot... :blink: gotta make it to the pan next time! After I get that ratio down I am thinking about some honey to top it off...

And there you go for one kick ass sauce, even without the bourbon or honey!

·
Registered
27,306 Posts
Also I smoke with mesquite; I like it better than the other hardwoods, maybe because I lived in AZ for a while and could just go out back and get it. I have both a vertical smoker and a horizontal smoker with a seperate fire box, and do whole hams, turkeys, prime ribs, baby back ribs, and just about anything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.