Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
looks good neighbor. indirect heat for couple hours then about 15 minu7tes over the coals.
when and where is the dinner bell? I'll bring the slaw made with mountain grown cabbage.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Mom, an Army nurse at the end of W-II, experienced a number of POWs at Camp Crowder, MO succumbing to Trichinosis - a result of under-cooked pork infected with it normal in the late days of WW-II. She was a POW ward nurse, so she was up-close and personal trying to save poor souls away from home suffering from that awful disease. Mostly German and Polish.

Growing up, Mom - when she allowed it - would serve pork-chops cooked to the consistency of shoe leather - to make sure any Trichinosis germs were incinerated (along with any flavor or moisture).

I love pork, and my three years in Germany in the early '80s reaffirmed that (they sure know how to do up pork, particularly Zigeurner schnitzel. But to her dying day, pork chops (when she was in charge) were similar to shoe-leather. When Dad took over the cooking, things were better, with thick pork loin chops. Mom worried, but we enjoyed them while she chose something else.

Love pork loins,with gobs of onions, celery, 'shrooms, and carrots cooked with them. Broiled or baked. Or grilled with the non-meat stuff slathered in butter...Lots of butter!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts